Fuel Department Manager

Ottawa Co-op | Ottawa, KS

Overview
The Fuel Manager is responsible for purchasing of fuel, pricing fuel both delivery and for cardtrol sites, inventory control, regulatory reporting requirements, dispatching of delivery drivers and sales of fuel to customers. Annually, the Ottawa Coop sells 2.3 million gallons of fuel with 95% derived from bulk delivery and the other 5% through 2 cardtrol automated fueling sites.

What responsibilities will I have?
• Purchase and sell fuel
• Dispatch 2 delivery trucks and occasionally fill in with 3rd spare fuel truck.
• Keep inventory of fuel at all locations
• Set fuel prices
• Handle customer questions and complaints
• Evaluate operating procedures
• Set quality assurance standards
• Ensure all employees are trained on safety and continue to stay up to date
• Ensure equipment is maintained properly and in compliance.

Skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to walk, stand, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, lift and carry up to 55 lbs.
• Work indoors and outdoors in an industrial environment, must be okay with heights.
• Good Customer Service skills
• Computer Skills – Including Excel & Word
• CDL license with Hazmat endorsement
• Knowledge of fuel industry and inventory hedging

What education and training is desired?
A bachelor’s degree.

Experience
5+ years of experience in fuel industry.

Wage
Dependent on experience and level of education salary will range from $40,000 to $60,000.

How do I apply?
Applicants can apply on the website at https://www.ottawacoop.com/employment-listing.php, and click on APPLY NOW or applicants may email Lindsey Sylvester directly at lindseyl@ottawacoop.com.