ProValue, LLC is currently accepting applications for a Human Resource Consultant in South Central Kansas.
A Day in the Life:
As a Human Resource Consultant for ProValue, you are in a key strategic position that creates and develops new consulting, training and/or payroll outsourcing business, and manages a portfolio of clients. In this position it’s all about execution. Your role is to become a trusted advisor for each client. Providing recommendations, resources and guidance on their toughest talent and organizational challenges. This includes: leading functional HR projects such as employee handbooks, job descriptions, performance evaluation process, etc., delivering training and developing training programs for clients (including on-site training and webinars) as well as strategic HR initiatives customized for clients. To be successful in this position you must be internally motivated with a love of working autonomously, while still being able to function within the team.
Immediately you will hit the road and learn about who we are and how we service our clients. This position demands that you work well independently and are an excellent problem-solver. It’s also fast-paced and requires that you juggle multiple projects and competing priorities on a regular basis.
At ProValue we expect all of our staff to be viewed as subject matter experts who operate with the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality. We encourage creativity and new ideas. We also support and expect ongoing professional development.
What You’ll Need to Do This Job:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and two – four years of direct human resource experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM equivalent designations preferred
- Solid understanding of Human Resource procedures, principles and concepts in the following areas: employee relations, recruiting, training & development, performance management, compensation & benefits.
- Solid understanding of Federal and state regulations governing employment including: Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Family Medical Leave Act.
- Superior written and oral communications skills, with the ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
- Ability to calmly facilitate situations involving conflict and stress.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
- Thoughtful, analytical, strategic, and resourceful in job performance.
- The ability to create and maintain strong client relationships.
- Good researching abilities and ability to think through solutions and present workable and practical HR/business advice for client.
- The ability to fulfill the role as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Excellent public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to use and understand technology including a computer, smart phone, tablet and various software programs and apps.
- Ability to write newsletter articles and other informative communications.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Reside in South Central or Western Kansas. Telecommuting from a home office is permitted so long as performance objectives are met or exceeded. This position will travel up to 75% of the time and will work in various client operations. Mostly day travel with up to 2-3 overnight trips per month.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Valerie Metcalfe, COO of ProValue, at firstname.lastname@example.org.